Interesting and short presentation by Dr. Roger L. Greenlaws M.D. on how to optimize health and to reverse disease through intelligent and responsible self-care within a holistic, supportive environment. Dr. Greenlaw emphasizes lifestyle medicine and complementary and alternative medicine for the prevention, arrest, and reversal of common debilitating diseases.
Michael Greger, MD, discusses the scientific literature on preventing the most common causes of death through a plant-based diet. Focusing on studies published in peer-reviewed scientific medical journals, Michael Greger, offers practical advice on how best to feed ourselves and our families to prevent, treat, and even reverse many of the top 15 killers.
The YouTube ID of nq5Od-2vEDs is invalid.
Dr. Brian Clement presents an interesting presentation on supplements. Dr. Brian Clement has been a leader in natural health and healing for more than twenty-five years. He is the current director of the Hippocrates Health Institute in West Palm Beach, Florida which was originally founded by Dr. Ann Wigmore. He is also one of the founding directors of the Coalition of Holistic Health.
Interesting, technical and advanced phone interview with Dr. Alexander Wunsch on the Sun, Circadian Rhythms and Light Therapies. Dr. Alexander Wunsch is a physician in Germany of holistic medicine and photobiology. He is the CEO of medical lighting consulting in Heidelberg Germany.
This nearly 2 hour long interview cover the sun, light and it’s health properties, the circadian rhythm, and rules for daily healthy sunlight exposure.
Interesting and humoristic short health presentation by Dr. Garth Davis on various diet myths and on the alleged lack of nutrition deficiencies if eating vegan/raw food. Dr. Garth Davis is the medical director of the Davis Clinic at the Methodist Hospital in Houston, Texas, and starred on the hit TLC show Big Medicine.
Conference Held at Adelphi University 2013 with Expert Panel Host: Dr Brian Clement on the following topics:
•Learn how to transform your lifestyle from toxic and self-destructive to healthful and self-affirming, and experience renewed energy and vitality that will last a lifetime.
•Hippocrates Institute director, Brian Clement shows how the Hippocrates LifeForce program implements the use of raw living foods to help people maintain a healthful weight and stimulate natural immune defenses for other chronic illnesses.
•Discover how to develop the positive frame of mind that supports good health, learn how to make the transition to eating raw living foods at home, while dining out, and when traveling.
•Learn how you can make informed decisions about the products you buy, and to disentangle yourself from unhealthy products.
• Our bodies: High levels of hormone-disrupting chemicals from cosmetics, flame-retardants from clothing and furniture, even long-banned substances like DDT and lead, are consistently showing up in human blood samples.
• Our homes: Many toxins lurk beneath our sinks and in our basements, of course, but did you know that they’re also found in wall-to-wall carpeting, plywood, and fabric softeners?
• Our yards: Pesticides, fungicides, even common fertilizers—there are enormous, unseen costs to our national obsession with green, weed-free lawns.
On this episode of Healthytarian Living, host Evita Ochel features returning guest Dr. John McDougall to talk about nutrients from supplements, isolates and extracts (Vit D, Vit B12, Oils & Probiotics), and how these impact our health versus nutrients from food.
Topics covered in the video include:
1. Dr. McDougall shares about how his focus has changed through the years as a medical doctor. (1:57)
– commentary on the positive changes in the vegan/plant-based movement
– commentary on the environmental urgency to go plant-based
2. A background into understanding supplements and where they came from.(8:47)
– overview of deficiency diseases like Beriberi, Pellagra and Scurvy
– incorrect use of supplements for chronic, lifestyle diseases
3. Assimilation of nutrients from food versus nutrients from supplements. (15:33)
– what happens when we get nutrients from food
– what happens when we get nutrients from supplements (17:13)
– effects of supplemental and food oils (fish oil, flax oil, etc.) (22:30)
– saturated vs unsaturated fat and the problems with vegetable oils
– omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids (25:40)
– folic acid, prenatal supplements and pregnancy (31:53)
4. Guidance about vitamin B12. (37:12)
– where it comes from
– what dosage is best
“Almost all cases of vitamin B12 deficiency seen in patients today and in the past are due to diseases of the intestine, and are not due to a lack of B12 in their diet.” ~ Dr. John McDougall MD
5. Guidance about hormone-vitamin D. (41:25)
– understanding healthy sun exposure
– effects of vitamin D supplements on bones
– what studies done on vitamin D show
– the vitamin D, inflammation and diet connection
– how much sun is enough for sufficient D levels (49:44)
6. Guidance about probiotics. (53:50)
– the diet and supplement probiotic connection
– human intestinal colonization from birth (56:16)
– how to best nourish intestinal health
7. Closing advice from Dr. McDougall. (1:01:05)
“Just to be on the safe side, don’t take vitamins.” ~ Dr. John McDougall
Joel Fuhrman M.D., a board–certified family physician who specializes in preventing and reversing disease through nutritional and natural methods, and #1 New York Times bestselling author of Eat to Live, Super Immunity and The End of Diabetes, delivers a powerful paradigm-shifting lecture showing us how and why we never need to diet again.
You will understand the key principles of the science of health, nutrition and weight loss. It will give you a simple and effective strategy to achieve—and maintain—an optimal weight without dieting for the rest of your life. This new approach will free you forever from a merry-go-round of diets and endless, tedious discussions about dieting strategies. This is the end of dieting.”
Professor Peter Gøtzsche, a world-renowned medical researcher, who has spearheaded the critical appraisal of many of our most common medical practices, such as mammography and preventive medications. In this interesting 2 hour long lecture, professor Peter Götzsche “transilluminates” our current psychiatric practices.
This video on “Psychiatric drugs do more harm than good” was officially published 16 march 2017.
Eight Doctors give their perspective and research on the topic of Cholesterol and Saturated Fat and the role they play in human nutrition. They explain how the common perspective is flawed and is not based on good science. Present day science shows that not only are cholesterol and saturated fat not bad for human health but they are actually be beneficial. The real primary cause of heart disease is inflammation from a highly inflammatory diet. The main culprit being sugar and sugar forming foods such as processed carbohydrates.
The Doctors in the Video:
Dr. Stephen Sinatra, M.D., F.A.C.C.
Dr. Johnny Bowden, PH.D., C.N.S.
Dr. Peter Attia, M.D.
Dr. Michael R. Eades, M.D.
Dr. Mary D. Eades, M.D.
Dr. Mary Enig, PH.D
Dr. Al Sears, M.D.
Dr. Donald W. Miller, Jr., M.D.